To make sure that the cold doesn't bother you when playing your ocarina we collected your tips for warming up in from the last journal! Here they are:
- To keep your ocarina warm you can wear it under your coat when you go outside. To do so a nice carrying bag may come in handy, or if your ocarina has a neckstrap and ain't to big you can wear it around your neck.
- If it's still out of tune due to the temperature when you start playing you can warm it up with a hairdryer or by holding it in your warm hands. Make sure to cover all the holes, then blow your warm breath into it and it will soon have the right temperature.
- If your hands are cold as well: Remember the pleasure of a hot drink
- Start by playing an easy, slow tune you know well. The warm air of your breath will further warm your ocarina and this first song is a good practice for your fingers and ears – hopefully even cold fingers will be more nimble afterwards!
- You can train your ears by improvising on song